Why is it ok for people to comment on my weight if they deem me "too skinny" ?

When at the same time upon meeting someone for the first time that same person would never say" wow lay off the cupcakes" to a over weight person. My weight is my weight. I dont do anything to mantain it or keep it or what ever. I hate hearing
" you need to eat" " evrey day

lostshel

Asked by lostshel at 4:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I know, that is rude and u make a very good point. I need to lose weight and if someone said to me that I packing on the pounds I would seriously be offended it should be the same offense for smaller people too. "Mind ur own business and worry about ur own weight" that should be our response. A friend of mine was out with another frinds, some girl knocked into her at the bar and said "lose some weight u fat bitch" my friend said " so what she is fat she can lose weight, u fu**ing ugly u cant fix that"
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Get over it! I have been skinny and fat and let me tell you the comments are way worse when you are fat. I was called the white ethiopian when I was little because I was sooo skinny, mind you this was when those commercials for feed a hungry child were on in the early eighties.
    People were always comparing me to my sister who was fat. Let me tell you she always had it much worse than me.
    Grow up and realize that people say these things to you because of their OWN insecurities. When you are fat they say those things because they are judging you.
    Anonymous

• i hear ya im skinny and i eat everything in site and dont work out a whole lot and ppl always say wow you need to eat more...i feel like saying to some of them wow you need to eat less
    Anonymous

• anon, why so nasty. I have never been on it so i cant really get over it. I was just pointing out the double standard. And what is worse or better is up to each person. Though it may not have been bad for you it sucks for me.

lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 4:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Who would ever say such a thing? that is rude. Those people are probably the ones who wanna lose weight. I love food and I'm pretty thin...well i was always really thin , now after the baby I say i am size 4 pants. I used to be 0-2. but I am ok with this.
    forget about those people who say stuff to you.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They probably don't mean to insult you. In fact they make think they are complimenting you! I'd rather be told I'm too skinny then too fat. I'm sure alot of people don't mean to be rude unless they say it in an obvious rude manner. I can think of worse things a person can say to me!
    Anonymous

• It's never okay. I'm underweight and always have been my entire life. The comments range from "trying to give a compliment" to being compared to an AIDS victim or cancer patient. It's ridiculous and hurtful. I don't think it's ever appropriate to comment on someone's weight no matter which end of the spectrum they fall. I hate the double-standard.

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009