what are some bible prophecys you know that has came to pass?

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 2Peter Chapter 2

But there were false prophets also amoth the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you who secretly shall bring in damnable heresies eey dnyting the Lord that bought them and bring up themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their destructive ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes    condemned them with an overthrow making htme an example unto those that after should live ungodly.

But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness and despise government. Presumptuous are they self-willed, the are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

Just to name a few.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You know what, other than the birth, death and resurrection of Christ . . . there are a lot, but to be honest, I can't think of them right now, LOL!! My head is spinning from the day I've had today. I'll have to look some up and get back to you on that . . .
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 4:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing that is ONLY in the bible! Most if not all of the prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass are also prophecies of prophets like Nostradamus or others that are seen as "illegitimate" A prophet is a prophet whether he's in the bible or not...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nothing that is ONLY in the bible! Most if not all of the prophecies in the Bible that have come to pass are also prophecies of prophets like Nostradamus or others that are seen as "illegitimate" A prophet is a prophet whether he's in the bible or not

There are prophets who imitate the power the of God. The only legitimate prophets are the one who seek God the Creator for answers and truth.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 4:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• 1 Timothy 4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly that in the latter time some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing (deceiving) spirits and doctrines of devils Speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their conscience seared with a hot iron (permanently defaced, the moral life of hypocrites (non-believers) they are scarred by sin  as they continue to preach to others their lies. ex. homosexuality, fornication, adultery, lies, the list can not go and on.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 5:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The Birth of Christ, The Death of Christ, The beginning date of man's Judgment which was in 1844, And also if you look in the Book of Daniel it stipulates the destruction of Jerusalem in 70 AD So there is are a few more, i will have to get back to you on this one there is evidence that we are already living in the last days Read your bibles Ladies VERY IMPORTANT Read the books of Revelation and Daniel.. There is so many people that do not know, and honestly if you do not pick up that Bible and read you will miss out... And I never use to go to Church even though i was Raised as a Catholic hmmm..... I just wasn't taught correctly...that's about all I can say on this matter.. thanks for reading...
    lilDonna

Answer by lilDonna at 5:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The biggest one I can think of is the birth,life,ministry,death and resurrection of our Lord and Savior. I'm sure there are others,but my brain is oatmeal tonight! LOL.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 6:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ptomoom, those things have been going on since time began, so how is that fulfilling anything?

All prophesies are self-fulfilling- meaning they are attached to an event that happens later and passed off as being fulfilled. The prophesies of Mother Shipton, Edgar Case, the Bible and Nostradamus are all the same. There is no actual proof of anything coming true- it's all conjecture and excited followers tacking on meaning to things in order to validate their beliefs.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ptomoom, those things have been going on since time began, so how is that fulfilling anything? Can you give me any examples?   

I can give you plenty. You really have to be walking in the way of the bible to fully understand what I am talking about.  To be quite honest I see alot of manifestations of end time prophecy right here on cm. It just amazes me on how many people used to walk in the faith but have been deceived through the deceptive spirit of paganism.  Paganism has always been around but it is growing at rapid pace in this century. Apostasy and perilous times is growing at an alarming rate.  Nostradamus and others alike are just repeating what had been already revealed to the Saints of God.  What they are saying and have been said is no secret.

ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ptomom678... there's that cop out excuse again! I walked in the way of the Bible for 30 years and STILL didn't believe we were in End Times. Did something click inside me the moment I decided the Bible and God were a lie and I can no longer understand anything? Please...

Did you ever think those people who USED to walk in the faith have been enlightened and YOU are the one who is wrong about what YOU believe? We are no longer held in the fist of the controling Religious body, we are no longer fear's captive, and it's about time society stood up and started believing in themselves and humanity instead of being tied down by lies and dogma that no longer hold sway over the universe. Religion is old, out-dated and meant for a supersticious time when people didn't have the intelligence to explain nature- a time when people feared what they couldn't understand. You and others like you are living in a by-gone era...
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:20 AM on Jul. 23, 2009