how can i apply for medicaid...

When my mom found out I was pregnant she dropped me form her insurance now i'm no longer covered. I have no clue what the first steps are to apply for any help. I'm 5 1/2 months pregnant and have been going to the same hospital since I found out, I would hate to have to go to a different office and build a re pore with another set of doctors. I dont even know what the first steps are to take... HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• call your local welfare office, like now. ask your doctor if he takes state insurance, its likely you will have to switch doctors.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• well you need to find DCF for your state just google it you can apply online it's pretty simple just do what it says and they will practically hand it to you, most hospitals take medicaid but the only way you can tell which ones do is by asking, you just need a proof of pregnancy it's usually easier if you can go to the DCF office you just fill out a little form staple your proof of pregnancy to it ( note from the doctor ) and you should have it within a week or two you might just have to print out the emergency form offline gl
    Anonymous

• Go to your local planned parenthood- They will fill out all the required paper work there send it in for you and you will get an insurance card in the mail if your excepted.

Its the easiest way to do it!

JnCV

Answer by JnCV at 4:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Call DCF (Department of Children and Families) and ask how to apply. You can do it online, but i think the Pregnant Woman app is different. I went to the actualy place. It was easier to have someone there to help answer any questions i have.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Dial 211 between the hours of 8am to 5pm and they will give you all the infobut HURRY UP because it takes 45 days for the paper work to go through! But good news, medicade pays for 3 months before and after your pregnancy! Dr visits, dental, hearing, glasses, exc...
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They will send you the paperwork and in about a month, go to the ER for a sono. and say that you are having problems or make something up and that will speed up medicade the papers! YOU NEED TO HURRY THOUGH!!! You NEED a OBGYN not the hospital every time! GL!!!!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• call your DHS office and ask what the process is like and if you can do it online
    when i filed it took less then a week to get coverage
    Anonymous