SO wants me to switch my birthcontrol, which kind is best?

I'm on the depo shot. He hates it because it makes me crabby and I never want sex. I like the shot because I only have to remember my apointment every 3 months and I don't get a period. I can't really take pills because I forget to take it, that's how I got pregnant. I read the Mirena brochure and it says it works pretty good but the doctors don't really know how it works, it just does. That seems kinda off to me so I'm trying to avoid that.

What would be a good BC for a forgetful person?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I had the patch and it seemed to work pretty well til i forgot about it entirely for 2 months. Now I do have the Mirena.
    Anonymous

• uhm a patch or a ring, ask your doctor. taking a pill once a day really isn't hard!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I LOVE my mirena! I would recommend it any day! My dh and I have more sex than ever now, because there is NO worry about getting pregnant.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 4:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• iud
    Anonymous

• I have Mirena too && I also love it. You don't have to remember anything. But no birth control is 100%.

If you want to know how it works && more information on it, you can go to www.mirena-us.com.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 4:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/birth-control/iud-4245.htm

Click on "How does an IUD work?" and it will tell you how the Mirena IUD prevents pregnancy. If your doctor doesn't know, that sounds a bit fishy to me, and maybe you should consider switching to a new doctor that knows a bit more about BC.

Also, the Planned Parenthood site talks about the other forms of BC you can use and you can see if there is something else that would be right for you. The Nuva Ring is something you might consider. You only worry about it once a month.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 4:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Nuva-Ring is Awesome! You put it in one time and forget about it! There is no "right way" that it has to be in you....just as long as it's in. I never feel it and my husband says he can't ever feel it either. Pills stink......i would always forget to take them! The ring is a no fail!
    momma_2_two_413

Answer by momma_2_two_413 at 2:09 AM on Jul. 23, 2009