How can I lead my husband down a spiritual path.

My husband has not intrest in learning anything about meditation or other ways of dealing with stress other then roughing it. I really dont care how he gets there but I would like to see him get control of his emotions and find inner peace. He thinks it is all good for me but he does not think he needs help.

hard2handle

Asked by hard2handle at 4:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Good luck hes a guy and thats just how they are.
    Anonymous

• you can't force others to do something they don't want, life is a daily choice.
    Anonymous

• Pray- BUT according to God's ways- the man is supposed to be in charge of his family's faith, if he isn't than HE is to be held accountable - NOT YOU. If you want it for him, all you can do is pray. Get the book the Power of the Praying wife
    Anonymous

• Some people get annoyed when others try to push spirituality on them. My ex used to act as if i was the antichrist because i did not meditate 1 hour a day. He actually pushed me far away from my spiritual path because he was SO pushy. After i left i got back on my path OK. But, i will never be as devoted as i was BEFORE i met my ex. It's almost as if he ruined it for me......weird but true. The only thing you can do is be an example. If you keep advising him to do things, he is going to think that YOU think there is something wrong w/ him, & he might feel more threatened by that & do the opposite of what you wish of him. Anyhoo, good luck! Just be a good example, leave some books around that he might pick up & look at. Or you could try counseling.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• it's his path. He has to begin the journey when the time is right for him. The only thing you can do is be an example of how well it works for you.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• 'Get the book the Power of the Praying wife'- as far as that book goes, I can tell you that I was sent that book and I got rid of it pretty quickly. My SIL still has hers, but mainly we just pull it out when we need a good laugh. It's mainly a book on how to be a submissive wife. As you can probably tell From Anonymous's posting. It seems to take the angle that the wife is to be tolerated. Take a look at the book for husbands by the same author- it's very obvious there. If you do take a look at that book, read the part about sex- after reading how it said that a man can't help it when he wants sex and doesn't listen to you- that until he gets it that's all he can think about and you can't expect anything different.
    I read that part to my SIL and ever since then my hubby and BIL get a kick out of telling us 'I''m sorry darling, I just can't hear you or focus!' joking that they need to get laid to hear us- cont-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• but I DO relate to what you are saying. I'm in the same situation with my husband. I just got home from acupuncture that has helped me in ways you can't imagine. He went once, I could tell he was so relaxed, smiled more, etc. But it wasn't apparent to him so he never went back.
    I hope that he will since he could use help in stress areas, but until he truly wants to, I know he won't.
    Every thought about making a trade? such as if there's something he wants you to do, then he'll try meditation and such?
    It might work- got my hubby to go to the dentist-
    good luck!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Look for something untraditional to help him deal with the stress. My husband is attatched to a tiny Slinky. He says you can't be angry or upset while holding a Slinky. His workers know that when he has the Slinky out he's stressed. As far as religiously, that you just have to wait and pray about.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 4:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• "'Get the book the Power of the Praying wife'- as far as that book goes, I can tell you that I was sent that book and I got rid of it pretty quickly. My SIL still has hers, but mainly we just pull it out when we need a good laugh. It's mainly a book on how to be a submissive wife."

The only person I've ever known to have that book and have followed it...is now divorced.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Pray to God for him.......you think He can't handle things......just try it.
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 5:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2009