write a thank you letter

I am not sure if I picked the right category.
Do you think that it would be ok. To write a thank you letter to an old teacher. I know it is like 11 years later. what do you all think. Or is better to move on and forget about her.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 4:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I think thank you letters are wonderful. Yes, write it

Answer by admckenzie at 4:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• By all means write it. Wouldn't you like to know you made a difference in a child's life?
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 4:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• The teacher would only appreciate it. I say go ahead & do it. Imagine how wonderful it will feel for him/her to know that 11 years later a student is STILL appreciating them.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I bet you would make that teachers day. I would write, thats a very nice thought. :)
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I wrote a letter to a wonderful teacher 3 or 4 years after I finished school. The thing is, it is amazing to a teacher when they know that they have made an impact on someone's life, and especially after all these years, they are still thought about. I would write her a letter. This would probably make her day.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 5:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think one of the highlights for teachers is knowing how they have positively affected the lives of their former students. (They sure don't do it for the pay!)

Write her, I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with the others write the letter!! Every year during teacher appreciation week I had my boys write a thank you letter to each of their teachers. They found that even the ones that they didn't really like they could find something to thank them for. I've had so many teachers tell me that the letter my son wrote them meant so much to them. Teacher's don't do what they do for the money, they do it because they love kids......and sometimes after years of teaching it's nice to get a reminder!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009