Why is my dd peeing in her pants on daily bases?

My dd is 6 years old and she pees in her pants on a daily bases. We have tried to do rewards, encouraging, motivation, treats, timing schedule, no drinks after 8:00 pm at night. She wears pill ups and it's becomin expensive to buy. I am constantly washing clothes. This is eating up my income. I've taken her to her family doc and she said that Taz isn't having any medical problems. Also still suggest the rewarding and all that. It's not working and I am about to give up.

Accord_Orlando

Asked by Accord_Orlando at 4:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Take her to the doctor to rule out any problems. If no problems are found, make her wear wet clothes all day. She'll start getting the picture.
    paralegal09

Answer by paralegal09 at 5:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Get rid of the pull ups. Sounds like she could just be being lazy because she knows she has the pullups as backup. Make her wear regular underwear and pants. If she wets SHE takes the clothes off and changes, AND rinses out her clothes in the sink and takes them to the laundry room. When you wash the clothes, she throws them in the washer, adds the soap, etc. On top of that, make her sit on the toilet for a few minutes every half hour, if you feel it's necessary. If she is doing it just to be lazy/stubborn/etc these tactics will probably work within a week or two.
    Anonymous

• My son is 8 and he had the same problem and it was just lazyness! he was either too busy playing or he was too tired already to go to the restroom one more time before falling asleep.
    I made up a chart and took him to see a toy he really wanted and told him that if he lasted 15 days without an accident, he'd get a "treat" (somthing smaller) and if he made it till te last day, 30 days, he'd get that toy we'd seen together. He has to mark the chart on his last toilet visit and the next day he wakes up and gets a smiley face on it...of course we try not to give him anything to drink after 8p, remind him (only once, it is HIS responsibility) to go before going to sleep and praise him on his dried sheets. He just got his treat last Friday and is looking forward the big prize!! you could try it...may be it works for you too...good Luck
    Ruva

Answer by Ruva at 8:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would get a second opinion from a different doctor. She might have a UTI or something that is causing her to do this that they missed? If not maybe a little therapy would be a good idea. She might be upset about something else in her life and this is why its happening. I know you probably don't want to hear this but its a common sign of child molestation as well. Probably not the case but talking to her about it might not be a bad idea.
    Anonymous