Mexican spell voodoo drs or whatever!

Why do people believe in these. My in laws are all hispanic and swear on these weird things like if my son is drooling for something at a mnth old I must give him a taste or hell get sick. If someone compliments him they have to touch him or hell get ill. BLAH BLAH. My bf has been acting up and his mom keeps baggering me to go to these magical drs or whatever so they can put a spell to change his ways. I dont believe in any of this and finally told them to leave me alone with all there non sense and crock beliefs. I am sorry but im fed up already. They dont lsiten to my ways with my children because of there "ways" im the mother god dammit.

Why do people believe in these. If there so magical why dont they cure cancer and aids?

NIKKIANDYBABY

Asked by NIKKIANDYBABY at 4:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• because its all BS! There is no way that "magic mexican voodo" is gonna make him ill if someone who compliments him dosnt touch him! That crap, I would have said "go somewhere else with that bull s***!" lol
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• because the devil makes images to make them think that its true... This is nothing much the devil when they be doing these spells on people that's the devil doing it...all that is of the devil and its evil.. Like i said the devil makes it look cool and makes it work so they can take there minds of God...We are all in a spiritual warfare if its not of God its of the devil bottom line :)

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Its beliefs that are hundreds of years old and passed down from generation to generation.

You cant make them change just because you dont like it. Unfortunately, you either ignore it or let it burn you up.

There are some beliefs and handed down things that are very strong whether real or not its still part of who they are. Just like believing in Christ is handed down and part of who many are.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• it's part of their heritage, and want the child to be a part of it
    Anonymous

• Couldn't have said that any better than Amaranth.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Jesus--Jesus is the only way to salvation not witchcraft or other superstitions.
    Anonymous

• But its weird and I dont want them doing there weird ass voodoo spells and herbs on my child so basically im cutting them off!
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Thats your perogative but I hope you can live with whatever may come down the road from you doing so.

Just because YOU dont like it or understand it(or want to understand it) doesnt make it any less a part of your husband and childs heritage. In some ways, its in their blood.

I wish you luck and I hope it doesnt cause a major rift in your marriage or a rift with your child(ren) when they are older and want to know why you cut off ties.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I dont think it will. My husband thinks his moms and sisters ways are ridiculous and full of crap. He doesnt believe in mexican medicine, voodoo, witchcraft, healings, or spells. I just wish they could respect my wishes with my child because I am not the mother but his moms beliefs are far more important for her than my wishes as there mother
    She also sayd my kids are going to hell because I didnt baptize them we are not catholic
    NIKKIANDYBABY

Answer by NIKKIANDYBABY at 5:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It might not be so much that its her beliefs but the fact that she's a grandma and an in law LOL. They all have a tendency(or most do) to impart their beliefs as facts that you should use and adore them for sharing,etc.

My mom thought she could tell me how to raise my sons and we stopped speaking for a few months but now things are better and she has calmed herself down.

I know MANY, MANY mothers, mothers in laws, religious folks of various belief systems who tell new moms(or any for that matter) how to raise and what to believe,etc.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009