How to Move on?

My husband of 7 years and I are getting a divorce in December it came out of nowhere. Not sure if there is cheating involved or not. My question is how did any of you feel when you went on your first date? I felt like I was cheating on my husband even though nothing happened.

Karaj503

Asked by Karaj503 at 4:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• No, i did not feel like i was cheating. I was not in love w/ my ex husband & married him just because we were pregnant....bad move. Anyway, he slept w/ all kinds of woman so my first date felt pretty awesome to be honest!
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I waited a year or two before I started dating. I wanted time to reflect and see how I chose the person I did. I changed myself so I was healthy and a whole person I did not look for love I let love find me and it did about three years after my divorce was final. I did not need or want a man until my current husband walked into my life. I think he liked my independence and the fact I was not looking for someone to complete me. I was a whole person without him. We dated and after two years we were engaged we got married a year later and he moved in with me then. I made a choice to move on with my life on my own the day after my jerk ex left me for a random skank he met. I got the house, my car and all our money since it was mine to begin with. I sold the house and bought one I liked. I had fun and did things I should of before I married. We married at 18 years old. Thankfully we had no kids together.
    Anonymous

• I waited too. I wasn't ready to start dating so soon but no i didn't feel like I was cheating even when I met someone and did do something

Answer by admckenzie at 6:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009