Husband's job

On June 15 my husband had a heat stroke while at work. He went back 2 days later and a couple weeks later his asthma started acting up from the heat stroke. He went to the doctor and got his inhaler refilled etc. She told him not to work for a few days so he didnt. When he went back to work he got a release note saying he could return to work. Today his boss told him that he had to have ANOTHER work release note saying that he was okay to do any work that was asked of him and that he would not ever have problems with his asthma again or he will be laid off. Is it legal for them to lay someone off because of a work related accident? Their foreman wasnt keeping enough water for all of the guys on the trucks so they got dehydrated and my husband was the only one to be affected. I'm pissed that they are telling him he has to have a new job by next Thursday if the dr isnt going to okay him for everything.

agrafel

Asked by agrafel at 4:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I would keep anything documenting the bosses feelings. This is wrong in my opinion. If something happens with his job, I would file a claim or complain to some kind of board...not sure what it is called. or get an employment lawyer. that is bull. if he is sick that is not his fault.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It doesn't sound legal to me. I would consult a lawyer, most do no-cost or low cost consultations.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 4:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:27 PM on Jul. 23, 2009