what do i do i am a first time mom 7 1/2 months pregnant i have nothing for my baby i have stuff comming but no where what i need. and i live with my parents and there not helping me. i have nowhere else to go. i am aslo 18 im keeping my baby but the father of my child died a few weeks ago and im still recovering. my mom and i fight all time and, the guy i love is wonderfull but things that he did recently and was accused of have been brought to my attention and im not sure what to do or how to

i need advise

momtobesept08

Asked by momtobesept08 at 5:31 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Adult Children (18+)

• Your questions got caught off, but without the rest of it, I say, worry about the baby and your stuff, don't worry about dating right now. This guy will show his colors more AFTER you have the baby. Make sure you go to your Social Services offices and get the help you can, and WIC as well. There also might be a pregnancy counseling center in your area and they can help with diapers and clothes. Really, all your baby needs is clothes, food(which you can provide), some form of diapering, and love. All the other stuff is just extra. Your parents are giving you a place to live, so trust me, that is helping out more than you can imagine. A lot of pregnant girls your age don't even have that. Also, check out thrift shops. They're always full of baby clothes, toys, and furniture. Hope it helps!
    NomadSara

Answer by NomadSara at 5:40 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Wow gurl. I have been there plenty of times. First things first that baby. Go to all the thrift shops and baby consignment shops and I would even call churchs to see if they have a thrift shop. If you havent yet go to WIC and Welfare so you can get all the help that you need. After that and you are settled with the baby, then comes a guy to maybe help you raise your child as his own.
    3krazekydz

Answer by 3krazekydz at 5:49 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• As for stuff for the baby - yard sales are great! We buy almost everything for our son second hand or get hand me downs. All our baby stuff was either handed down, bought second hand or given to us at our baby shower. It really shouldn't have to cost lots to have what you need for baby. just make sure everything is in good condition and is safe. Also, I would advise against purchasing a used car seat - you don't know if they have something wrong with them.
    elwalters77

Answer by elwalters77 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• When you register at stores for baby showers, they sometimes give you free stuff. You can also go to free parenting classes and they give out some free stuff also. If you work, then ask some people at work if they have baby items that they do not need any more. Go to yard sales. Look for clearance stuff. Don't forget to breast feed in order to save money on formula. Never trust a used car seat. I do not hesitate to ask anyone for anything for my baby. I'm 7 months pregnant and I've learned that every little bit helps. Every time I see something that says "FREE", I'm signing up for it. If your parents will not help you, then ask other people. A new relationship should be the last thing on your mind.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 11:15 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• sign up for freecycle, you can get loads of free baby stuff ...clothes, crib, stroller, whatever you need, even maternity clothes.
    Nicollynne

Answer by Nicollynne at 12:18 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• The father of your baby died and your are laredy in a new relationship. Please check out your local social service agency to help guide you.
    momjack53

Answer by momjack53 at 9:25 AM on Jun. 24, 2008

• try craigslist theres a lot of stuff in there free section
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 28, 2008

• If you breastfeed, you save at least $100/month on formula, if not more.
    Most churches give out free stuff for new parents, or offer helpful services.
    If you can't afford a crib, buy a in-bed infant sleeper, they are around $60 at BabiesRUs...wayyy cheaper than a crib, until you can afford one.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 3:09 PM on Jun. 30, 2008