my spelling and grammer is down right horrible

my son is only two. but i know that soon i will be teaching him to spell.. and how can i do this if i suck.. are there any computer programs i could get.. or learn to spell for dummies..lol..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• well if you can't spell simple words that are on a 2y/os level, you need serious help
    Anonymous

• I know my husband is worried about this as well. I would just check everything with microsoft word or take a class.
    ours

Answer by ours at 5:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Read to him alot. Also kids don't start school knowing how to spell so once he starts school, he'll learn alot there and you can reinforce what he is learning. But read, read, read to him!
    Anonymous

• Don't mind the anon.. Try getting some flash cards maybe or some of the homeschool material for higher ages. In teaching him, you will learn too! Good luck, and don't worry about it too much.. it'll be a few years before you really have to teach him anything other than the very basics. You can also shop around used book stores for old grammar books and spelling books.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• op here.. i read all the time. i posted earlier in the just for fun section... are u book whore? lol i read to my son even more.then i read to myself. its not like i think im stupid... bc im not.. monday i went to the library and checked 12 different random books out.. almost checked him out some books to..but seeing as how tearing the papers up in his own books seems fun.. i thought i might wait a couple of months.. but for some reason i struggle with spelling and god forbid when i have to teach him fractions.. my sister is a math major so. needless to say i will getting some help for her... and i can spell ok.. im just saying that i know i need to work on it for my kid thats all..thank for all the nice replies
    Anonymous

• When he starts learning to spell in school he will have spelling lists, so whether you know the correct spelling or not the answer will be right in front of you. Same with fractions, often times the answers to kids homework problems are in the back of the book, or the teacher sends home a "how to" sheet with the worksheet so parents know what they're doing, at least thats what i've seen from the schools in my area. There's more awareness now about helping parents help kids complete homework, so hopefully this won't be a problem for you. I realize I stink at math so I thought about that as well, but my sister is going into 2nd grade and so far I've been able to help her with everything. Last semester I taught in a 6th grade classroom (fractions), my cooperating teacher had tons of resources for parents so they could help their kids. With all the technology these days I wouldn't worry too much, just tackle things as they come!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 7:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Here are some free websites, they are for middle schoolers but they should help.

owl.english.purdue.edu
    grammar.commnet.edu/grammat/index.htm

You can also get grammar and spelling books at the bookstore. I can look up homework help for my son's school and get back to you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009