what if you and your family decided to go on a vacation and you told your sister you were going and now she has told everyone and now her family and others have planned to tag alone but you just intinded for your family to go and have a good time what do you think about that?

we are going to gulfisland waterpark this weekend

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Travel

• i'd say "idc if you go with your family, but this is something i'm doing with my dh & kids, just us"
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 5:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I might change my plans or wait till another weekend. I don't like when people invite themselves on my holiday.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• This happens to us all the time but we just figure the more the merrier, we do not live near our family though so whenever we plan something and other want to tag along it is always great to see them.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 6:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• just tell them that this vacation is for you ,your husband and kids. but maybe you can all go on another vacation a little later in August but if they still want to go onm vacation the same time you do tell them to do something on their own.
    Anonymous

• Welcome to the story of my life lol. I just learned my lesson and stopped mentioning I was going anywhere until I had already returned! Chances are they'll get bored with what you're doing and wander off and do their own thing anyway. You could lie and say you changed the date and go anyway but you could get busted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• really, we must related to anon at :16. i finally just made my husband stop telling his sister about anything we had planned until after the fact. she got the hint the first trip. gotta say it works.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:30 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I'd learn my lesson and not tell them we are leaving until the night before, LOL.
    That's ridiculous i'd find a way to make it clear to them that it's just a vacation for you and your family, not intended for them to tag alone. They can go if they like but don't expect to be seeing you guys very often as it's a FAMILY vacation.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:37 AM on Jul. 23, 2009