Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i am a single mom with four kids and my oldest daughter and son live with they dad but when she comes home to see itis great, but then her dad comes and gets her but then she says she is not going with himif i make her she will hurt herself i have reported time after time but nothing gets done and her dad and sept mom states that she is doing for attention how or what should i do any ideas please let me know thank you

Answer Question

Asked by jsf at 5:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • There must be a reason your daughter doesn't want to go.....ask her. I wouldn't make her.

    Answer by momof2wneeds at 5:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • I would also consider taking her to a counselor if she isn't comfortable telling you. Either there is something going on at the other home she doesn't want to deal with or...? Either way a heart-to-heart with you or a counselor is the way I would go.


    Answer by honeyb3 at 5:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • Get her to a counselor. Could be the rules are more easy at your home. My little sister played this game with our dad and her mom. They divorced and she would cry about going to our dads and threatened to hurt herself of her little brother at my dads. Her mom made the assumption he was abusing her and filed a complaint. My little sister finally fessed up she was jealous of the new baby and the rules at my dads. My dad is strict her mom has no rules and lets her kids run wild. The judge thankfully had a brain and dismissed everything. Told the mom to come up with a reasonable parenting plan with rules or my little sister would be living with dad full time. She did not now my little sister is living with our dad full time. She is fine now and regrets playing games. She is older and realizes you need some rules from your parents and really has little to do with her mom. Be very careful with this.

    Answer by Anonymous at 6:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • ask her if you need to bring her home with you. If so, then go to legal aid and get custody or if there is abuse have cps get involved and get her out. Their attitude shows they are not listening to the child. Children don't threaten to harm themselves for nothing.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Relationships
How to Move on?

Next question overall (Babies (0-12 months))
bouncy seats