Breastfeeding orgasms?

Have you experienced an orgasm from breastfeeding? How did it make you feel - that's the way Mother Nature intended, surprised, ashamed, ...?

What do those of you who haven't experienced an orgasm from breastfeeding think about it?

Oxytocin is called the love hormone. It causes contractions and is involved with breastfeeding, labor, and orgasm. Some women experience orgasm once in a while when they are breastfeeding. It is something that women don't get to talk about even places like LLL meetings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Never heard of that one before.. Never had one myself while breast feeding
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have not experienced it. I did feel strange breast feeding when I started when my son was born. Before we were pregnant and during, my breasts were always a great part of my husband & my intimate time. So, it took a while for ME to adjust to breast feeding my son - then to adjust back into 'wife' for my husband. It was very hard to separate the two for me.

I think it will be better when we have our second baby - I will know more what to expect. God did give women breasts to nourish our babies - AND - as sexual organs to be fun!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 5:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Consider it a gift.
    momof2wneeds

Answer by momof2wneeds at 5:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've never had that happen. I think that if it happens it's obviously just a natural response and there's nothing wrong with it.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 5:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Wow i am surprised am happy to see no one has bashed this question. I read one a few weeks ago just like this and she was bashed and told that her child should be taken away and all sorts of horrible things.

I don't see why breast feeding wouldn't cause an orgasm because of all the chemical things that happen but also your nipples get so sensitive and for me even now (21 weeks preg) if they get touched more than by my clothing it triggers an orgasm.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've been nursing for almost 22 months now, and nothing even close to that sort of thing has happened.
    If it did, I suppose I would probably feel shame - I'm not saying that it's wrong, because of course, nature is nature, and it does not make you a pervert - but I think any mom would be confused and upset by that happening.

ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 6:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with ladysavage. I have three kids & have breastfed all of them & have never gotten an orgasm while breastfeeding. I will say your breast are very sensitive. You could possibly be turned on, but an orgasm, I don't know.
    luvmyangels3

Answer by luvmyangels3 at 6:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• 3 kids BF them all atleast a while...27 months BFing the last one never once did I have an orgasm. Personally I think its sick to even think of. Orgasms are not from hormones alone, they must be caused my mental or physical stimulation...and NO the baby at the breast is NOT stimulating AT ALL. My breasts are very sensitive to my hubby's attention and that hasn't changed since I started BFing at all. I don't understand how Bfing could be even remotely arousing...
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Oxytocin is a hormone that stimulates ejection of milk from the nipples, and its release is triggered by breast stimulation. But oxytocin is implicated in many other physiological processes. It is involved in contractions of the uterus (both during childbirth and during orgasm), as well as being associated with the feeling of relaxation and satiation following orgasm.

It is thought that this is the reason that breastfeeding may produce feelings of sexual arousal and orgasm. And the experience is far from rare.

In a 2000 study of breastfeeding women, 40.5% of the participants reported feeling sexually aroused at some point during infant suckling. 16.7% reported being aroused frequently during breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• If 40% of women admitted feeling sexually aroused during breastfeeding is would seem reasonable to assume that some women wouldn't admit it and maybe it's more common than not.

I frequently felt pleasant feeling contractions in my breasts and uterus. The times I felt orgasms would be when I would be relaxed and drifting off to sleep. I knew it could happen and why and didn't feel like there was anything wrong with it.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 9:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009