What do you think about the Solar Storms?

On the news yesterday ( from NASA) it said that these Solar storms are going to do alot of damage. How do you feel about this and how will you prepair? Please no bashing this is a serious question and real stuff!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• First off I am not to worried. The media is prone to reporting the worst possible scenario for ratings and there is not much I can do otherwise.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Eh, the media is just after ratings. They try to present the worst case of every thing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I live in earthquake country. Being prepared for no water or power is a way of life here. I'd do nothing differently to what we've already done to be prepared for a quake.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• A lot of damage? The risk of disturbances was only 10% in the higher latitudes. That's just disturbances, i.e. satellites going offline, power surges, etc. When they start forecasting 75% or higher risk of severe solar storms, then it's time to take notice. When we get a CME that is strong enough to take out power grids and satellites then people will sit up and take notice.

Ever read the book "Solar Flare" by Larry Burkett? It's a fictional novel of what COULD happen in case of severe solar storms. VERY interesting reading.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,522260,00.html

I'm not too concerned about it. I normally have at least 2 month supply of medicines and about a month supply of food in the house, and a good water purifier.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:08 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think we're effed and the world is ending soon.
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 6:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• mommykay i agree with oyubut for differant reasons. We are somewhat prepared, but living in a doublewide in trailer park you really don't have room to stock porperly. We have some water and usually enough food. to last a month. But otherwise, I guess we will forage. GOd will provide.
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 8:52 AM on Jul. 23, 2009