dilated

i don't wanna hear (i don't matter how dilated you are, b/c to my obgyn it does) okay anyway i'm 2 cm dilated @ 33 and 1/2 weeks, contractions every hour....when do you think i can have this baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was also 2cm at 33w- contracting constantly but nothing notable- I could still walk and talk and go about life with them, I want to say they were braxton hicks except they were regular ( but not getting closer together) and they were obviously doing something anyway it continued till 39w where I was just about 4cm, 80% but still not regular enough to be considered labor . I finally had DD at 39w 5d. It was good b/c my "actual labor" was lighting fast. but bad b/c I felt for 2months  that I could go at any minute. my point is you can totally go full term.

RippledBegonias

Answer by RippledBegonias at 5:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• At 33 weeks, I wouldnt. If I was contracting I would call the Dr to let them know and go to the ER, so they can stop my contractions for at least a few more weeks.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Everyone is different. I was 0cm dilated at 41 weeks, and had my son at 42 weeks. A friend of mine is 4cm dilated and she is 37 weeks. Hopefully you will deliver a little closer to 40 weeks. Good luck
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 5:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i went to the doctor today & they sent me home i was jsut wondering how close ppl think i might be i don't want him to be born 6 weeks early, no way!
    Anonymous

• You don't want to have the baby! If you can go at least 36 weeks then your baby might not have to go in the NICU. If you can go at least 38 weeks then the baby is considered full term. There is a huge difference in brain size and development between 34 and 38 weeks.

If you have already had a baby and your cervix has already dilated (you had a vaginal birth or labored before a C-section) you could stay dilated at 2cm for weeks. If this is your first baby I would be more concerned about a premature birth.

If you think you might have a premature birth there are some things you can do to prepare. Give birth at a hospital that has a NICU. You don't want to be at one hospital and your baby be rushed to another. You can change doctors or even show up at a hospital in labor. Go to hospitals & look around ahead of time.

Plan on pumping your milk. Find out about renting a pump. Get the numbers of lactation consultants.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• with #3 I was dialated 3cm and contracting irregularly for 6weeks before she was induced at 39ish weeks.

if it doesn't feel right....go to the doctor.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 6:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• why wouldnt they give u steriod shots if ur contracting??? i had steriod shots at 32 1/2 weeks cause of some slight bleeding that they didnt know where it came from and some at 30 1/2 weeks that both times ended the same day. They gave me the shots to make sure the babies lungs were developed if he came early but he came at 38 1/2 weeks and still weighed good at 8LBS 12OZ and I'm a normal size girl
    Anonymous