Do you think I could be pregnant?

In April, I gave birth to my first child. In June, I got my first post baby period, and it was the normal length of a typical cycle I had before pregnancy. I was due to get my second post baby period two days ago, and I am late. Before giving the "maybe you are just irregular still" answer, I should mention that my DH and I had unprotected sex once during the heat of the moment on the last day of my fertile cycle. I was under the impression that the female egg dies 24 hrs. after ovulation, and I believe I ovulated on the 6th (we had sex on the 8th). When I used the restroom just now, I noticed that my CM was a bit thicker than normal, and had a slight yellow tint to it. I took a pregnancy test on the day of my missed period and it came back negative. My OB said if I still didn't get my period by Sat. she wants to see me on Monday. Should I be concerned?...and does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it's always possible you could be but let's not panic. You may be stressing now and causing it to not start.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• More than likely it's just postpartum irregularity. But wherever there is unprotected sex is the EXCELLENT chance of pregnancy.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• sounds like you are maybe you should go to the doctor or something cause honestly NONE OF US KNOW if you are or not
    Anonymous

• to the last poster, how can you be so sure??? i don't want that to sound rude, i'm just curious.
    Anonymous

• God, I am SO sick of these questions- How are we supposed to know if you pregnant, take a pregnancy test! Here, Ill tell u what- PEE on the keyboard, Ill test it and let you know- for real now, come on!

Common since will tell you to take a pregnancy test if your period is late, not ask a bunch of people over the computer!

Anonymous

• I got pregnant a month and a half after giving birth to my first baby... YIKES!! what a deal huh.. two babies in one year!! So it's possible, it happens! All ya can do is wait and see and if your not ready for another one, I would get on birth control asap. 2 days isn't that late I wouldn't think.
    good luck!
    Anonymous

• take atest or call the dr!!
    bennysmommy816

Answer by bennysmommy816 at 7:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• YES
    Anonymous

• yes what?
    Anonymous