How early can u take a baby on a boat?

My family n I are going to Deep Creek next week for vacation and I have a 2 1/2 month old baby and was wondering if it is too early to have him out on the boat. It would be pointless to go if I have to sit at the house all day while everyone else is out on the boat....

misssababe1128

Asked by misssababe1128 at 6:15 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My personal opinion is that as long as the baby stays safe and cool enough then it is really more about whether you would be comfortable with it or not.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• If the baby were to be overwhelmed, tired, and cranky, would the others want to jump into the creek? LOL! J/K, but something to think about, also seriously speaking....
    Would it be for several hours, is there a cabin with A/C? Have you had CPR for infants? Is there a life jacket for infants? I know you don't want to be "stuck" all day, but what if there is an emergency? Could you handle it? I am not bashing, I promise, but wondering how prepared you would be if something happened. My DH was in a boat that sunk in a lake once. No children on board, thank goodness. Not something that you prepare for, but it could happen.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 7:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• doodlebopfan is right, while it sucks to be stuck...things happen. Plus, depending on the heat/sun, as they can have sunscreen on til 6 months, also you cant use bug repellant, so that something to consider. I think as long as baby is cool and shaded, and comfortable short boat ride will be fine, but look into life vests.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009