Broken ankle and surgury?

I don't know if I'm spelling surgury right, just give me a break on that, please? lol Ok, I fell Monday night and broke my right ankle. I can't get in to see the dr until Monday, but the ER dr told me that I would probably have to have surgury to repair it, b/c I broke it on both sides. The only surgury I've ever had is a c-section for my youngest and they tied my tubes at the same time. Has anyone ever had to have this kind of surgury and can you tell me what I might expect? Like, is it outpatient or will I need to be hospitalized? I am a single mom, and I don't know what kind of arrangements I might need to make. Will they knock me out or just give me a local? I don't want to see them cut me. I'm really, really freaking about this. I know I have to do it, but I just need to know that it's really not that bad.

tropicalmama

Asked by tropicalmama at 6:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• I dont have an answer for you but just wanted to say good luck and hang in there! I'll keep you in my thoughts!
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009