Any other mommys out there get nervous about theyre baby getting they're shots?

luvmyangels3

Asked by luvmyangels3 at 6:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yes! My dd's first appointment for shots is in 2 weeks and I'm having so much anxiety about it. I know I'm going to be watching her like a hawk after she gets them and probably be sure that she's having some kind of reaction....I never thought I would be such a worrier of a mom, but I am...I hate worrying this much!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 6:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was always nervous. ; (
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 6:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Not nervous, just wasn't ready to hear her cry.
    HolliBerry21

Answer by HolliBerry21 at 6:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was nervous/scared the first time, not knowing what to expect. Both of us crying, then it was OK. Thank goodness! Don't forget to ask the dr about giving the baby Tylenol 30 minutes BEFORE the shots to help with the pain. If you forget, you can do it at the doctor's office, they have samples.
    Good luck!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 6:36 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't do that to my child if you paid me.
    Anonymous

• Of coarse I was nervous - I have anxiety anyways when it comes to that kind of stuff. BUT - I was more worried about the disgusting deadly things I am vaccinating my baby from.

BUT - I went in, sat him on my lap, they got him in both legs... I'm bawling - he didn't make a peep! I didn't even have to give him tylenol or motrin!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 6:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I wasn't too nervous...but then when he got the shot and he cried, took a deep breath and cried again until he had nothing left, took a deep breath and cried again...oh yeah, I had tears! He was fine 1 minute later (once I could hug him). He was extra fussy after his nap that evening so I gave him Infant Tylenol and that seemed to help.

Good luck!
    one_on_the_way

Answer by one_on_the_way at 7:06 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes and she has another appointments for her next set of shots. her first set the nurse wouldnt let me hold her while she did them and she just stabbed the needle in. I cried my eyes out lucky my fiance was there to carry her to the car. I was horrified.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 7:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Yes, but we stopped shots. Make sure they are giving the right shots.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 7:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was very nervous when my DD was first born, but luckily before she had any shots I talked to her pedi, my family members, and my regular doctor about vaccines and I didn't bother giving her any, so I didn't have to deal with her having a horrible reaction to them.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 7:32 PM on Jul. 22, 2009