• In the Spotlight:

Potty Training

I want to start this in the next day or two, but i have a few problems. First i work two jons and go to school full time (online so i can work around this). Second my babysitter (my older sister) has a boy (3 months older) who she isn't trying to potty train and she is preg with another baby due in about 3 months, which means for a short time i will be switching baby sitter to (well im not sure). How can i do this where, she is maybe part potty trained? As in she uses the potty at home with me and her dad but uses a diaper with her aunt? I know eventually she will be able to know how to do it by herslef but right now she needs help that my sister can't really do, such as bringing her to the bathroom every ten mins when she has to "PeePee" any suggestions would be amazing!! really any at all. even your experience with it, even in a situation totally different from my own, PLEASE i'm desperate to start ASAP

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 6:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would go for it. As far as your sister not taking her every 10 minutes, what about every hour? Put a pair of panties on before you put LOs diaper on so she can feel when she wets and tell your sister. Reminding the child once an hour that its time to go to the bathroom is not that bad. Have her set a timer so your LO knows its time to go. I babysat two boys, 4 and 2 1/2, along with my LO who is 20 mos. I would bring the 2 1/2 yo to the bathroom every hour, and even with two other toddlers it wasn't bad.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 10:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009