how do u entertain a 2 month old baby??

Well, I've came to a road block because i feel like i don't know how to entertain my 2 month old son. Well, i put him in the bouncy or the swing and after awhile he don't like it. So what do u do to entertain your baby?? I know i don't have to entertain him all the time but when he's a awake yes..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i havent had a 2 month old in a while, but what i do remember is that they are usually happy just being held with you walking around, get a sling or one of those front sitting baby holder things(see its been a while lol) and do your usual daily stuff(chores and such) with them
    Anonymous

• Sing to him
    Smile into his face, look into his eyes. Talk to him ALL the time, while you are putting his little arm into a shirt, changing his diaper, carrying him into the kitchen so you can get a drink of water.
    "Here we go! Let's put this on - it's the shirt gramma gave us when I was just 6 months pregnant! ... woop, where's your little hand?! There it is, pull it through ... all done! ...Let's go open the curtains ... ooh, it's foggy outside this morning ! ..."

Just ramble on and on like that in a delighted voice, speaking clearly. An incredible amount of brain development happens from his hearing you talk, and from his seeing your happy face (close to him - about 18 inches away, the exact distance which happens naturally when you carry him around with you! ) And the movements and shifts of being carried develop the brain and muscle coordination.

Babies are wired to need constant interaction and movement with mama.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 7:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They also like it when you sing to them, hold them, play with their feet and hands, make faces and funny noises....they like brightly colored patterns (I downloaded some off the internet, printed and posted them near my daughter...she loves staring at them). They also need time to just stare at the wall sometimes too...if they're happy without entertainment, let them be. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 7:03 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Everything mentioned above plus read books! Books with one word per page, books with mirrors, and picture books are great. Even if they don't seem that interested at first and you just read one or two pages before they start fussing, soon they will become very interested. I've been reading books to my daughter since birth and she's 4 months now and will sit and listen to me read about 3 books to her at one sitting. And we do that about 3 or 4 times a day. If you don't want to buy books, go to the library and check some out. Also, do you have a crib mirror? Babies love to look in the mirror so get a crib mirror or just sit/stand your baby in front of a mirror in your house for a few minutes during the day. Have fun and be creative!!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• look into a dvd of baby massage, its entertaining, feels good to them, and its excellent bonding time for you two.my baby has loved it from about 2 months.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009