Would you remarry your exhusband?

My ex-husband and I are very close. We have been better friends than spouses. Lately I have been thinking since we are both still single it might just be better to remarry and show our kids that parents do stay together. He left me after a long stint in Iraq. He was mentally unable to be married is what a shrink said. We tried to get through it anyway but it didn't work. Now though his attitude is much better and he is such a good friend. What do you think? My only problem is I own a business in another state I would have to sell before moving to his state. Of course I would not rush back into the marriage just maybe a little dating to start.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• I did. I wanted more than anything to have my family back together. Dont get me wrong this is a day by day growth but when I see the harmony of my family as we work together to make this work its all worth it. I love my family and that is my priority. My dd can't call anyone else Daddy and they have a special relationship. I grieve anytime anyone gets divorced. I would hope people would really keep to the vows they take instead of breaking up and taking baggage to other relationships.

Vivian63

Answer by Vivian63 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• He left you and I would leave it at that. Things seem great between you two because you are such good friends, but perhaps that is why you guys are good friends, because you are not married. Keep you business and you single life for now, at least from your ex husband. IMO. I would not marry him again. they guy sounds like he can not commit and a shrink saying he is unable to be married is stupid. That was just a scape goat for you ex. and if he will go to them extremes to not be married anymore, then what makes you think he won't do it again.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would stay friends. Some people make better friends then spouses. Or date each other. There is no reason to re-marry You can have a relationship with each other and show your children that you guys are happy again.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would get back together and be a family again, it would be great for the kids to good luck I hope everything works out for you
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 7:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Only you and your ex can decide if you remarrying would be a good idea. I personally would NEVER remarry my ex. But I can't stand him, never could, and have a great, wonderful new guy in my life now. Even if I didn't have my boyfriend, though, I would never get back together with my exhusband, it was just a horrible, horrible situation, and it would be again if I went back to him.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think it's worth a try. Start our dating and see how it goes. Don't tell the kids until your sure though. GL
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 7:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009