How important are fetal growth percentiles?

I went to the doctor at 33 weeks and he said I was measuring small, therefore sent me in for an ultrasound to check on things. He said everything came back "ok "(he doesnt have the best bedside manner). He told us that our baby's growth is in the 37th percentile. When I asked if that was good he just said it was fine. We went back at 35 weeks and he said I measured much better but I am still a little paranoid there is a growth problem because I am almost 36 weeks along now but don't feel like I am as big as I should be. Weight gain is good. I have gained 20 lbs already. I am only 5 ft and weighed only 110 when I became pregnant. I am assuming maybe thats why I was measuring small. Has anyone else been in this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• When I was 31 weeks and 4 days I had an ultrasound and it was found that my daughter had stopped growing she was about the size of a 27 or 28 weeker. To add to that I had almost no amnitotic fluid. They took my daughter by c-section the day I turned 32 weeks. All of this came about because I knew I was a lot smaller than I should be. The nurse measured me and said I was only a couple of millimeters off, and I was fine. But I kept pushing because I knew something was wrong. She finally scheduled the ultra sound after I argued with her for 30 minutes. Which I am glad I did because the dr. said my daughter wouldn't have lived another 4 or 5 days, and he was surprised she lasted as long as she did. I am not telling you that there is anything wrong with your baby. What I am saying is if you feel like something is wrong push for more tests. It is your body, you know if something is off. Good luck.
    TeriMelisa

Answer by TeriMelisa at 7:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• They told me that my DD was a very small baby at 36 wks. They said she would be around 5 lbs at birth. WELL, i was over due by 11 days when i had her and she weighed 8lbs 1.2 oz and 19 in long! Dont stress to much about it!
    alexsmomma06

Answer by alexsmomma06 at 8:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009