Dose anyone here have MTHFR too? I have a lot of questions

I have had 4 miscarriages before I found out that I have MTHFR. I am now pregnant with my 5th child and would like to talk to someone who has this problem or knows a good bit about it.

Lena-Loo

Asked by Lena-Loo at 7:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• lol.. i'm sorry. i opened this question thinking MTHFR was MOTHERF*CKER. LOL. sorry. =P
    Anonymous

• me too maybe you should spell it out.
    Anonymous

• I dont have it, but I have heard of it. What it your OB doing for it (if anything)? Are you upping your Folic Acid intake and other B vitamins? Does he/she have you on anti-clotting meds, ect?
    Im sorry you are having to deal with this. Good luck and my thoughts are with you.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 7:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• He put me on a low dose 81mg aspirin, and I am getting the rest in a prenatal vit and in my diet. I do not need the anti-clotting meds:) I thank god for that.
    Lena-Loo

Answer by Lena-Loo at 7:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• That is good to hear. Just take care of yourself and remember you are doing everything you can do. Try and relax if you can, worrying isnt good for either of you. :)
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 8:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ty. I swim everyday to relieve stress and work out when ever i can well cardio at least.
    Lena-Loo

Answer by Lena-Loo at 8:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• There are two types of MTHFR. I have it on one gene, my friend has the same thing and has it on both. She needs to take shots and I didn't. She has had 6 miscarriages and now has another thing with killer cells. I had two miscarriages and just had my first baby 4 months ago. I take Folgard daily to keep my folate levels high along with B vitamins as this will take the folate from your body and raise your homocysteine levels, causing increased risk for blood clots, miscarriages, etc. It is newer, I think only in last ten years it has been found and not much info out there.
    manda13

Answer by manda13 at 9:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I only have it on the one too. But they tested me for the clotting problem and it came back neg so I do not have to get shots. Do you have children?
    Lena-Loo

Answer by Lena-Loo at 9:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I was thinking something else, sorry. Maybe you should spell out the issue. I have no idea what you are talking about, but I wish you the best of luck.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have 2 Methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase c677t, I also have 3 children. My kids are 22, 21 and almost 18. I hope this gives you some hope. I take folinic acid, b6, b12, tmg, aspirin to help. When I was having children this was unheard of, I feel very lucky to only have had one miscarriage. The other problem with the MTHFR is the childhood vaccines and the flu shot with heavy metals and now squalene. since your methionine syhthase pathway does not work well you can't get rid of the toxins. I am also RH neg and had a rhogam shot during my last pregnancy, he is very il becasue of the shot and his vaccines. DOn't allow a flu shot or the swine flu shot when pregnant. Protect your children and choose which vaccines you give and only one at a time. A great book for guidence is Vaccine Safety Manual by Neil Miller. It gives the pros and cons of vaccinating.
    lsmw

Answer by lsmw at 12:03 PM on Jul. 23, 2009