Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

I rinse when I wake up but don't brush until after I've eaten. Am I gross and don't know it? My sis says that's the most disgusting thing she's ever heard. BTW I brush before I go to bed.

Asked by benjamink at 7:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Health

• awsome question! My hubby brushes his before breakfast, and i say eww! I brush mine after breakfast because i think my food tastes bad with the hint of toothpaste in my mouth.

Answer by ClvDandJ at 7:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Ordinarily, I brush right before bed and after breakfast. I broke my ankle Monday night, and since I'm on crutches and it's hard to get around, I'm currently brushing as soon as I get up, so I can sit down in my chair in the living room and have breakfast there without having to get up again right away. Oh, sometimes, though, I don't eat breakfast, and then I brush when I get up.

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I brush before I go to bed and before I eat when I wake up.

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I brush mine after I eat. I always drink chocolate milk for breakfast and the taste of tooth paste makes my milk taste bad.

Answer by robinann5 at 7:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Clv- and besides that, you'd have to brush again after breakfast if you eat after you brush initially lol.

Answer by benjamink at 7:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I heard from a dental hygienist that it is worse for your teeth to brush AFTER breakfast. Think about all the germs that have been forming in your mouth while you slept and then you compound it with more food....personally as long as you brush at some point I don't think its should matter ;-)

Answer by thinline at 7:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I brush before breakfast and before bed; I floss before I brush at night.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on Jul. 22, 2009