Mine faze. . . i think

she screams when her cousin touches anything she has. and even i get a short sqwak if shes intent on not letting anyone have it. I dont ever say the word mine cuz i don't want her to learn it and here it all the time, but she screams like a dying prehistoric bird when he touches even a chair she is on. the right way to tell her no, without getting loud but also being able to calm things down!

smilelovesmile

Asked by smilelovesmile at 7:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Toddler Rules of Possession

1. If I like it, it’s mine.

2. If it’s in my hand, it’s mine.

3. If I can take it from you, it’s mine.

4. If I had it a little while ago, it’s mine.

5. If it’s mine, it must NEVER appear to be yours in anyway.

6. If I’m doing or building something, all the pieces are mine.

7. If it looks just like mine, it is mine.

8. If I saw it first, it’s mine.

9. If you are playing with something and you put it down, it automatically becomes mine.

10. If it’s broken, it’s yours.

Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sorry, to make a joke, I know how trying it can be for you and your family. It is a good time to work on sharing skills. Timmy gets it for two minutes and then it is your turn. I would set a timer each time and make sure to switch toys after the timer dings. Also it is a good time to reinforce asking for something instead of just grabbing. Sally, you need to ask for the toy. Also we try to trade things. Sally if you give Timmy the truck he will give you the chicken.
    It only lasts for a short time if you nip it in the bud now. Good luck, I have been there and done that and it isn't easy.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 7:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009