Napping?

What do I do?
My 4 month old hasn't napped for at least 2 months.
She will only sleep at night.
I'm barely getting any sleep and my fiance isn't helping.
Any ideas on how to get her to get to nap?

mommy2be32509

Asked by mommy2be32509 at 7:38 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• that's really odd that she won't nap. i'd talk to her pedi for safe methods of how to get her to sleep better.
    Anonymous

• How much sleep does she get total? What about napping in a swing? Is it to loud in the house? Maybe put on soft music to help relax her. Maybe give her a bath during the day if that helps her relax and go to sleep. Sit and bounce with her on an exercise ball. The lavendar smell is suppose to help babies relax and go to sleep too. Is she super cranky or does she play?
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 7:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Shes perfectly happy. She just giggles and smiles and babbles at me. I've tried turning the lights and t.v. off. and putting her in her crib. She has a cd player attached to her crib and it has a baby einsteins cd in it and I play that for her. Nothing makes her sleep. She sleeps at night from about 10 to 4 then up for a bottle then back down til about 7.
    mommy2be32509

Answer by mommy2be32509 at 8:30 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• with those hours she still should have a nap. I would try what was suggested, do her bedtime routine at nap time as well. but honestly, some babies just give up the nap and if she is happy and not showing any ill effects, you may just have a nan napper. my first was like that and its hard. thankfully this second baby loves to nap...thank you God!
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 5 month old does not nap, she may take a couple 15 min cat naps but does not nap other than that. Just hang in there!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:00 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You need to do something because she really needs 14 hours total sleep 10-11 at night and then 3-4 in 3-4 naps during day. I would reccomend reading the NO cry Nap solution by Elizabeth Pantley and understand that she is probably chronically overtired and this may be a struggle but you can do it. That bed time is really late too. Between 6-8 is ideal as is a pre bed time routine

I don't know what else to say... I mean if she is happy then maybe this is ok for her.... Does she get clumsy, tired or grizzly. If you want message me and I can try to help some more.
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009