• In the Spotlight:

ok to sleep on comforter? good idea? bad idea?

i got my son a thomas and friends tollder bed-size comforter! He still sleeps in his crib, but I couldnt resist. I was thinking he might like to sleep on it in his crib, but I heard that it isnt a good idea to have a infant/toddler sleep on anything other than a fitted sheet. does this apply only to infants? My son is 15 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think that is mostly for infants who cannot control their neck very well or roll over. Your son is well past that stage and should be just fine. My daughters have had their special blankets with them since the day they were born personally, and we never had any issues.
    Anonymous

• my daughter is 18 months and has a slew of different blankets in her bed, she sleeps on her comforter and has about four 'blankies' that she curls up in. its safe so long as your child can control their neck and not suffocate themselves because they can't move their head
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 8:31 PM on Jul. 22, 2009