Ideas on food

I was wondering what other moms do for busy schedules? I have a son in baseball and scouts and a daughter in soccer. I get home around 4 and leave around 5-6 depending on the practice times. What do moms do? What kind of food do you cook that is quick and easy?? I have picky eaters as well.
I appreciate your help on this.
Thank you

polkadotpudding

Asked by polkadotpudding at 7:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I'm thinking crock pot meals. Prepare it in the morning and it will be ready when you get home.
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 7:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have a betty crocker quick and easy cook book and it has alot of yummy meals you can make in 30 min. or less. We also like to make taco salads with homemade Tortilla bowls.
    Anonymous

• Cook rice on the weekends; buy cut frozen veggies; you have a quick stir-fry.

Make burritos on the weekend (I usually make black bean and sweet potato), wrap in wax paper and put in a big zipper bag; the wax paper can safely go in the microwave; add some chopped avocado and salsa.

Cook pasta the night before; add steamed veggies and sauce (marinara, cheese, peanut, etc.).

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You should look up Racheal Ray's meals in 30 minutes. That may help you. Also look up some crock pot recipes. If you have a crock pot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I cook alot of ground beef at once and freaaze it in 1 lb pkgs in quart bags. On a busy night i just make tacos or spagetti and it is so easy if meat is already done!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:41 PM on Jul. 23, 2009