Any moms have unconventional jobs that they hate, but do so they can be home with the kids?

I stay home with my kids because I want to, but $ is tight, and I work from home at a job I hate, more because I feel guilty, than the actual job itself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:53 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I dont hate what I do but Im working midnights to be home. That whole not sleeping for 36 hrs when I work is the part I hate.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 8:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I also work at home, and it can definitely be a grind! The key for me is to build time for work into the routine when they can entertain themselves and stop when they are ready to move on to the next activity. I also work when they are sleeping. At most, I work 3 hours a day, but it's enough for me to help out with the budget every month, plus I get plenty of time with the kids. I think it has mostly to do with finding a balance.
    mommie_rose

Answer by mommie_rose at 8:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I work a somewhat unconventional job(s). I go to work at 5am so I can leave at 10am to be with the kids. Then I usually work on school stuff so I can get my doctorate before I am 100 years old...acck! I don't hate it as much as I just want some time to sit and stare at the wall for 5 minutes.....
    lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:17 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• One of my first jobs after my daughter was going back to CNA work in a nursing home. They lied to me at hire about the pay, schedule, and benefits. I didn't get along with most of my coworkers, and it seemed like instead of balancing work and home to have a break, I was leaving one place to clean up messes, change diaper, and feed people to do the same thing at the other place! Also, being new they made me work every holiday and the crappy shifts, so I missed a lot of special moments with my family. Of course, that lasted about 6 months before I got fed up and quit. The residents there were fine and we bonded well, it was just their dishonest and neglectful management style I hated. But, I worked 2nd shift and my hubby first, so we only needed a family member to come over for a few hours in between. That sucked too, because even though we were able to spend time with the kid we never saw each other.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 4:41 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I have a stay-home job I love. I started looking online for jobs I could do from home and found some great places. I have made a list of places that I have used (only free ones), I know they're all legit because I don’t list them until I've been paid by them. Nothing to lose by looking, it’s free to get started. You can see my list and details on these places at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:32 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Patience654

Answer by Patience654 at 5:26 PM on Jul. 23, 2009