"wouldnt it be far more efficient for those of us who have health insurance to say 'i dont care about the people who dont have health insurance okay because i got mine Jack'"

so i know not everyone likes The Colbert Report, but i'm huge on satire and i find him and Jon Stewart hilarious.

watch it and tell me what you think :p

pookipoo

Asked by pookipoo at 7:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL!!! I freaking love that man!
    Anonymous

• pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ps its only a clip its not the whole ep!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I don't think it is a matter of not caring. It is being a part of the working poor. I am tired of working two jobs to keep my head above water financially. I do not need to be paying anymore taxes for those who consistently do nothing to help themselves. I would like to see the waste cut from all the other services provided, prosecute those cheating the system to obtain for free what they are capable of working for, then, I would be willing to talk about paying more for those who truly need it. I have no problem with those who truly need help getting it. I do believe there should be a huge crackdown on those who can be doing for themselves.
    Anonymous

• booo anon :08 didnt watch the clip! he doesnt mean it, its just how Colbert is... his interview with the head of Acorn was a lot worse! i actually felt bad for the lasy
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• ...lady not lasy LOL
    pookipoo

• It's more like...I FINALLY got health insurance and finally got my student loans paid off and can afford to take care of my family and now Obama is going to tax the crap out of us on everything he can.

Wake up people. If you have a job and are above the poverty level, he's comin after you too.
    Anonymous

• Maybe some dont like the sarcasm, when the insults have already been thrown. How many times do you see someone type " You're Selfish". Or other like responses.

PestPatti

Answer by PestPatti at 9:59 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with PestPatti, I am sick of others commenting how selfish I am because I want some accountability. Usually those making the selfish comment are people with their hands out. It is a given, some of us are always supporting those who refuse to help themselves, those are the ones who truly prevent people who need help from getting it.
    Anonymous

• i just think hes funny. i DO have health insurance and i AM selfish. so it doesnt matter to me, he just makes me laugh. yeah i'm a horrible person, blame my parents :]
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009