Did your view of abortion change after you had a miscarriage?

While I still believe in pro choice, I feel more angry about abortion after my recent(and first) miscarriage. Of those that I know that have had abortions, I know they did it for their own reasons, but its just makes me so mad considering that I really wanted my baby and they chose to abort what could have been a healthy pregnancy/baby.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• No I'm still pro choice. I know I went through a period where I hated women who would do that, but in the end I decided it was their rights and they had their reasons even if I didn't understand.
    Anonymous

• im prolife
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• No, I was pro choice before and I am after. I did feel like something was taken away from me and it was the most awful thing I have had to endure but I truly believe in the right to choose. Like it has been posted before, different people have different reasons for doing things. I do my best to let people believe and do what they feel is right for them. As a mother I have learned how important that is even more! Cafe mom is a great place to find thousands of women that like to tell you what to do...I have learned to not be one of them.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 10:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I have always been pro-life. Even more so after my miscarriage. It broke my heart. Thank God He decided to bless us with a perfect son... and hopefully another baby soon!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I recently miscarried and it was my first pregnancy and I wanted that baby MORE THEN ANYTHING! The thought that woman are aborting a HEALTHY PREGNANCY by CHOICE drives me crazy!
    Anonymous

• I was pro-choice at one time, although "personally opposed" to abortion. I had a boyfriend once who insisted that I must have an abortion when I was pretty sure I was pregnant (which I wasn't). My views changed after my long struggle with infertility. I went through a period where I wanted to die because I didn't feel like a real woman. In that darkness, I found a relationship with the Lord Jesus, and that changed everything for me. I eventually became convicted that I could not stand on the fence, so to speak. If I believe in my heart that something is wrong, I cannot support it as a choice. Twenty years ago I stood on the pro-choice side of the demonstration at the state capitol. Now I am on the other side.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:54 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My husband and I lost twins in March of last year. It was such a hard thing to go through not to mention we had a 5 month old baby girl. Part of me hates that women can do that to children when i still long for my twins but part of me understands that it's the womans own choice that she has to deal with. thankfully god has blessed us with a baby boy that will be here in december and we are just beside ourselves about it.
    Mommy-N-07-N-09

Answer by Mommy-N-07-N-09 at 5:36 AM on Jul. 24, 2009

• I still believe that every woman is allowed that choice. This coming from someone who has made that choice, and has had several miscarriages as well as 2 healthy children.
    Anonymous