Could she be teething already???

My dd will be 8 wks on Friday. Today she has been more cranky than usual, not sleeping well. She then was drooling so bad later in the day that her shirt was soaked around the neck, and when I gave her her last bottle, I think she ended up wearing half of it.

Tiffany237

Asked by Tiffany237 at 8:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• VERY WELL COULD BE TEETHING. THE FUN HAS BEGAN. IM WITH YOU MY DD ONE YR OLD MOLARS ARE COMING IN.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• my DD turned 8 weeks today and she does the SAME thing .. her doctor said they don't usually get teeth for a couple more months but a lot of people I talked to said their children at 3 and 4 teeth by the time they were 4 months. It's crazy isn't it??
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 8:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• mine started at 12 weeks, i imagine thats what is happening to your lo. good luck, teething is a long process.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• could be teething or it could be acid reflux. with acid reflux they are fussy and it thros all scheduales off, plus the wet shirt could be acids she is spitting up(its clear). my 3 month old has had this since about 3 weeks.Check the gums for white spot/bumps, those are teeth waiting to break thru.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 8:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• yeah my dd stred teething at 2 mts and her first tooth burst at 9 mts. my ds is almost 5 mts and has been teething since 3 mts
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 8:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with the acid reflux. My four month old son started spitting up or what looked like drooling all of the place at about 4 weeks. He takes a medicine twice a day to help out. Also teething depends on the parents. If you or the baby's father started teething around 8 weeks then so will your child so ask your parents and get an idea of when you started and it will help you determine if it's her time or not.
    svesely07

Answer by svesely07 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Poor baby! Yeah, sounds like teething. My middle daughter started teething at 2 months, and cut TWO bottom teeth at 4 months.

I doubt she can hold things on her own, but you cold hold a frozen teething ring for her to gnaw on, or a cold wet washcloth. I think she might be too young for tylenol, but you can check with her pedi about that. If all else fails, maybe it is reflux like some of the PP's mentioned.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:02 AM on Jul. 23, 2009