do u limit your childs/toddlers naptime?

im afraid if i let him sleep longer than an hour and a half he will be up all night.. but we went swimming and now he has napped for like two hours.. do u think i should just leave him alone.. he is 21mnths thank u

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i wake mine if shes been asleep for too long, i know she'll stay up later, or she'll go to bed on time, but not sleep well or wake up for the day at 4 a.m. and i've learned that through experience. i actually just make sure she doesn't fall asleep after 2, or sleep later than 3 (if she falls asleep at 2 and i wake her at 3 she's grumpy for the rest of the day)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 8:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i give her at least a two hour nap, if she sleeps longer great! i have a million chores around the house to do without her at my feet. Her bed time is always 7pm sharp. and when she sometimes wakes up at 4 or 5 am i ignore her until the sun comes up, unless she is hysterical then i run to her, usually she is fine but JIC
    smilelovesmile

Answer by smilelovesmile at 8:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I let my children sleep as long as they need to and they always go back to bed exactly at bedtime...no fuss. I think it's different for everyone but I feel for my children that if they need the sleep they will sleep. There have been times when my two year old has woken up from her nap and has just been out of sorts and will ask to go back to sleep. My children take between a 2-4 hour nap a day, go to bed at 8pm and wake up between 8:30-9am...good luck!

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 8:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daugther is 19 months and sleeps usually 2.5 hours and sleeps 10-13 hours at night. If we had an active morning or a bad night she sleep 3 -4 hours, I don't let it go more then that. I would let him sleep and see what happens. THe worst case he will wake up early or stay up late.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• my son is 15 m/o. he is now napping once a day (usually late morning to early afternoon), but if he wakes up super early he takes 2. I usually let him sleep as long as he wants, unless it's close to his usual mealtime then I wake him up.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:16 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My 13 month old dd has been napping for three hours total per day (2 naps that last 1.5 hours). Recently, she has not been falling asleep at bedtime, so I've cut each of her naps by 15 minutes. That seemed to do the trick. If my daughter slept for 2 hours in the afternoon, she's NEVER to go bed on time. I'm not sure how much sleep 13 month olds need, but she sleeps 12 hours at night, and 2.5 hours during the day...

Her naps are 9:45am-11am and 2:45pm-4pm.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I always let my DD sleeps as long as she needs. I pray for an hour, and am thrilled when I get a two hour nap out of her. On the extremely rare occasion she'll sleep longer. If she needs its, she'll sleep :) And I usually don't stress DD going to bed at 8 or *sometimes* 9 if she won't sleep at 7. Im not extremely lax about bedtime, but Im not the type to schedule every detail.
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 9:56 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I let mine sleep as they need to as well. And, I put him the bed the same time as usual.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter sleeps anywhere from 1.5 to 3 hours for her haps. I don't usually have rpoblems at bed time unless she took at late nap. The amount of time doesn't matter so much as when she wakes up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jul. 23, 2009