• In the Spotlight:

pregnancy and the amusement park, is it safe?

I'm probably about 8 weeks pregnant and I planned on taking my children to valleyfair this summer! I'm wondering if rides like rollercoasters and other fast rides are okay to go on when pregnant or if they should be avoided at all costs...
I haven't been to a doctor yet to ask and am just curious if anyone else has wondered and asked?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• first of all I would like to say this is NOT a stupid question!!!!
    Second of all, I don't think you should go on the rides since you know your pregnate! I didn't find out I was pregnate until i was 13 weeks and I went to disneyland a few times before i even knew i was prego and rode all the rollercoasters and ride i must have been about 9,10,11,and 12 weeks every week that i went, I am now 29 weeks pregnate and the baby is fine!! think about all the crazy things women to before they find out they are pregnate! so it might not hurt the baby but i wouldn't do it if I were you! since I found out I was prego I haven't even been to disneyland but it's your baby and your decision!

second to all you rude women if you cannot give advice without being a witch maybe you should keep your advice to yourself obviously the question is being asked because she wasn't sure and there is no harm in asking!!!
    VanessaCalhoun

Answer by VanessaCalhoun at 9:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• You are seriously asking this? Take your kids but it's not ok for you to ride the rides as well.

Anonymous

• YES I am seriously asking, duh!! I'm not an expert on pregnancy. Call me a RETARD I guess for wondering... sorry!
    Anonymous

• OF CORSE NOT!!! WHAT KIND OF QUESTION IS THAT!!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:02 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Sorry mom, but no you cant ride the rides, they should have a sign warning if you are pregnant, have heart problems etc... not to get on.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 9:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• OMG!! okay i'm not like 8 months pregnant I said I was 8 WEEKS pregnant!!!!!!!!!! Why do you "ladies" on here treat me like I am stupid for asking? I was only wondering!!!!! This site has RUDE advice givers.....
    Does anyone know how to answer a question politely with some respect?
    Anonymous

• It doesn't matter if you are 8 weeks or 8 months. It's not safe and not wise. You don't need to be an expert.

Anonymous

• thank-you midnightmoma
    Anonymous

• is called common sense.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 9:10 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• When your pregnant your not supposed to ride anything. But, if equal to or less than the amount you move around in a car ride I think it should be fine. Just no rollercoasters or things like that.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009