starbursts for toddlers?

is it safe for a 2 year old to eat them? im scared he will choke.

sharisse

Asked by sharisse at 9:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter eats them. She is two and pretty much eats everthing.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• use your gut, if it makes you nervous, dont let him have it, and he could choke on it, probably not a good idea at that age, give him little pieces of it(like bite off small chunks) if anything
    Anonymous

• I would not do it. it's not worth the risk

Answer by admckenzie at 9:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I won't let my two year old eat them, she doesn't even eat skittles yet because i think they are too chewy. Go with your instincts and if you feel they are unsafe for him at this point and time just give him something else for a little treat.
    Anonymous

• i have never given them to my daughter and shes 3 1/2, shes perfectly content with getting "M's" (m&m's) or a sucker or something along those lines, so i have not added to her candy knowledge. :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Cut them into quarters (4 pieces).
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 9:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter is 2 she loves starbursts. I just break them apart for her.
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I wouldn't do it, it's a choking hazard. I know there are many that do, but I wouldn't. There are many other treats. Our 2 y/o isn't big on candy, thankfully, anyway. He gets Hershey's Kisses at my family's house. We cut them in 1/2 still. And he's got loads of teeth, it's not whether he CAN chew it, it's WILL HE STOP and take the time to chew it? He doesn't on chicken nuggets, so why would I think he would on a piece of candy, LOL!
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 10:57 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My friend used Starburst for potty treats when her son was 2 years old. She cut them into 4 pieces and her son NEVER choked on them. 1/4 of a Starburst is so tiny that there's no way a child could choke on it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• oh come on...no one even says anything about the fact that 2 year olds eating STARBURST is not necessary!!! There are better "treats" out there than that!! I'm not a prude or over the top naturalist, but dang....be more concerned about the chocking and the SUGAR...hello SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Jul. 24, 2009