What would you do if you were in love with someone else but married?

I have been married for 9yrs and we have a child but I have been in love with someone else for 9yrs and I can't help thinking about him all the time and no I have not cheated and wouldn't just wonder if anyone else is and how do you deal with it or what would you do? The guy I am in love with I had a relationship with for a very long time and then we went separate ways.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I would first separate from myself if possible from both people and then see where my head was after a bit of time.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• well first off I wouldn't have married hubby if I was in love with someone else but that's water under the bridge. After 9 yrs I probably would have learned to accept it for what it is and deal with it. Unless hubby is a bad guy I wouldn't hurt him to pursue it.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I would do serious soul searching and if I was truly in love with another person I would leave my DH. It isn't fair to him. He has a right to be with someone who loves him and I have a right to be with someone I love. But I wouldn't do anything until I spent some time alone and figured out what was really going on in my heart and head.
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I disagree with admckenzie, you owe it to yourself to explore. There is no reason to settle, I NEVER would. And I am sure your husband would not want you to settle either.
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 9:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I agree with truthteller. I would never want to be married to someone who loved someone else...you owe it to your husband and yourself to take some time and figure it out.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Why don't you talk to your husband about it. If my husband came to me after nine years and say I don't love you and never did I want a divorse I would be lost and confused and heartbroken, think before you do any kind of searching of anything you should really talk to him, good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:24 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• sorry
    I think befor you do searching of anykind you should talk to him first, good luck
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 9:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Follow you heart
    AlliMoore1986

Answer by AlliMoore1986 at 9:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009