Newborn loves mommy but not daddy so much... help

i just cannot seem to put him down i just want to hold and hold him and rock him adn feed him its like i have waited so long for him to get here and now i dont wanna leave him alone.. i always messing with him. However my SO tries to hold him and love on him and he crys why or how can i make my baby feel more comfortable with his daddy like he does me. i tried to tell my SO not to be nervous when holding him bc he is like a dog he smells the fear and it makes him scared any thoughts or suggestions?

ggiovanni

Asked by ggiovanni at 9:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• he just needs to relax when hes with him, and make sure when he is taking care of baby, you aren't over his shoulder telling him what to do, just like you had to learn how things work for you, he'll have to learn how they work for him and baby, so give him the chance, and the more time he spends with baby and taking care of baby the more comfortable the baby will be. but baby will always have phases of who he wants to be around more. like my daughter, wanted nothing to do with me when her daddy got home from deployment. i was allowed to do absolutely nothing according to her and i'm sure it'll be the same in a month or so when he gets home from this one. but when shes hurt, she comes immediately to me, when she wants to run in circles its straight to daddy. when she wants to postpone bedtime daddy, when she wants food mommy, etc...so they'll figure out which parent they want for certain things and go with that, and it'll chang
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• This is pretty normal. He will go through stages of who he feels most comfortable with and right now it is very normal for him to feel so much more comfortable with Mommy. After all he has only heard your voice for nine months!
    psugal

Answer by psugal at 9:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• have SO feed him once in a while, give him a bath, carry him outside and walk around, play with him. when SO is home from work, tell your baby excitedly, "look! daddy's home! yaaaay!"
    Anonymous

• give it time...We had the same thing... babies can smell their mother , so I guess when you hold 'em . it feels more secure and comfortable try to put him on the bed in between you 2,and play with him both

Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• My daughter was the same way. Hubby just had to hold her more. Granted, I was a bit overprotective the first month. Now, my daughter lights up when she sees either of us.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 10:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's so funny because my second son was the opposite. He would cry for hours with me then as soon as Daddy came home he was happy as could be. The only thing he wanted  form me was my milk. LOL Anyway that lasted about 3 months but it got better. Now my little guy is 2 and a big mommy's boy. Just be patient it will all be ok in the end!

joleensboys

Answer by joleensboys at 11:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• We dealt with the same thing. My poor DH thought our son hated him. I had to reassure him that it will pass and there will be a day where he reaches for you over me. Well, he's 2 yrs old now and he's all about daddy and has been like that for quite awhile. Kids go through their stages. One day all he wants is me and then the others all he wants is daddy.
    SLGross215

Answer by SLGross215 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 22, 2009