Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My fiance is going into the

My fiance has decided to join the army, hes going active duty, why am i asking for help? I have 2 kids from a previous relationship! Me and their father share joint legal custody tho i have primary soul... he is not willing to let me move out of the state with my fiance (we will then be married) i've tried every thing and he just keeps saying no he wont let it happen... so heres where i need help. is there any way i can be able to move my kids and i with my fiance if it is out of the state? And no bashing if you knew the whole story trust me you wouldn't bash long story short my fiance has been in t heir lives since they were 3m old they are now 3yrs old and my x has just started to show his face, now that they can walk talk and are potty trained so to me and my family my fiance is their father... my x is their sperm donor... help guys lol

Answer Question

Asked by chloeconnor at 9:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • take him back to court to change the custody, if you have primary custody, after you are married, take him to court and they will more than likely just change the visitation schedule, you may have to take the kids to see him every month but it is very rare that they will say you can't take the kids out of state if your spouse is military. alot of the wives i know who had this problem, know are responsible financially for making sure the kids can see their father at least one weekend a month.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 9:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

  • many states only require you tell the dad where they are but check your state statutes. So go to and click on KNOW THE LAWS then go to your state and see what it says.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:14 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.