So ANNOYED with my Sis

First of all we have the same morals, but very different styles of parenting.
She NEVER lets her kids go outside unless an adult or, even my dd is out ther w/ them. BTW her oldest dd is less than two years younger than my dd. I let my kids play outside as long as they are together.
So Monday, my dd needed to be somewhere between @1:30. I asked sis if she could drop her off 4 me b/c I was @ work and she works nights. She said she was too busy, she had to go grocery shopping. That kinda irritated me b/e both my house and where my dd needed to be were on her way. But oh well. My dd had to be late. Which she HATES! Tuesday, (this is a week long thing she has to go to) my sis says she can take her, but she makes her alomst 15 minutes late. She knows my dd HATES to be late and so do I, its nothing new to her. Last night my dd called my sis and told her she had to be there earlier b/c her partner wasn't going to be

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:33 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• continued...there. I was just going to let my kids walk there, and my sis seriously had a fit!! She convinced me to not let my dd go early and said she would take her, but not early. So that means LATE AGAIN! Then i get a call from her and she tells me that my dd lied to her and that she didn't really need to be there early, she was just saying that. I wanted to tell her DUH B/C U ALWAYS MAKE HER LATE! But I was @ work, so I just said Ok and quickly got off the phone. She did not lie, she told her she needed to be there early b/c her partner wasn't going to be there and she needed to watch the kids, and some of their kids show up early and she didn't want them unsupervised. That is the truth. She starts telling me how she is @ the age where they start to go crazy and we need to catch it now.... blah blah...She shold have just let them walk the 15 minutes and not worry about it!!! k done venting!!!!
    Anonymous

• i lied I'm not done venting. My dd is old enough to be a camp counselor & babysit, I think she can handle walking 15 minutes. And she would have had her brothes w/ her and her cell phone. Oh and my sis was mad @ me for letting my dd and my ds ride ther bikes to school, DOWN THE STREET!!!!! They are in 7th and 8th grade. I think they can handle that too. It is less than a 5 minute bike ride! AUGH!!!!! K I think i'm done now.
    Anonymous

• I can understand your frustration, but this seems like quite a minor incidence to be so upset about. I don't have a sister because mine died a few years ago. It was then I decided to put petty arguments to rest and only let the big stuff bother me, with anyone. I would give anything to be having an argument with my sister right now over being late.
    Anonymous

• You are in control of your children and sound like you have them covered on the safety thing. Believe in yourself and go with your gut feeling. Let sis take care of her family and you can do what's right for yours. It's all good. I agree with you btw

Answer by admckenzie at 10:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• anon:53 I'm sorry about your sister, and I know how hard it would be for me if one of my sisters passed on, considering we fight all the time.
    As for the question at hand, at least your sister will take ur kids places and watch them for u. My sister refuses to watch my kids, even if I keep her as a last resort. When and if she ever watches my kids, she's mean to them, and mean to me about it. Try to be patient when asking your sister to be more prompt, or somehow offer to make it easier on her, I'm sure she'll ablige.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think you are completely correct. My DS is the same age 7th grade going into 8th and he rides his bike to school (alone I might add). I don't particularly care for it, especially when its dark at 6 in the morning, but like my DH pointed out to me "He can get his permit in a year and a half and you won't let him ride his bike across town?" Mind you our town is rather small and very safe for today's standards. I would tell like to say that I would tell her to back off but I know when my sis annoys me, I won't tell her, because I would rather not start World War Three. Still I do understand!
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 10:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009