Does This Offend You?

my DH showed me this site. its the entire Bible in LOL speak. its a little difficult to read, but funny (IMO).

do you see the joke or is it too offensive?

http://www.lolcatbible.com/index.php?title=Genesis_1

okmanders

Asked by okmanders at 10:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• NP i just now realized that this is related to those stupid lolcat posters. cant believe i didnt pick up on that haha

Friend of mine spent all night sending me individual verses as he read through that thing a while ago. I was about ready to strangle him by the time it was done, and then he had to go and top it by rewriting the Declaration of Independence in lolcat.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:58 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've seen that before, and while I admire their diligence, lolcats were old a year ago and haven't been funny for a long time. I don't consider it offensive (and no, I wouldn't consider the Eddas in lolcatz offensive either - we already have Viking Kitties, so why not?), just a tired old joke that's run on long past it's prime.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:04 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• i cant understand the bible or this version so i think its funny lol.

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:05 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• oh how I hate it when someone quotes that verse out of the bible... Hinson :-) It says book not bible.
    Remember each is a book in the bible. That verse is specifically referring to the BOOK of Revelation. Just something to think about.
    As for the OP.... not really. I have a copy of the Aussie bible and thats a fun one to read hehe.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 10:18 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• *giggle*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 10:22 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I think a more appropriate verse would be: "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"-but not everything is constructive. (1 Corinthians 10:23). I think God has a sense of humor but urges us to be sensible peope (10:15). We should participate in and enjoy the things our current time and cultures provide us so long as they honor the Lord. Is translating the entire Bible into...whatever that is honoring to God? IMHO, no. But I'm not the one who did it so I'm not the one who has to stand before God when he rolls his eyes and goes "are you serious?!" lol. I'm not offended, per say; just jealous at the amount of time they had on their hands to produce nothing but a chuckle.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• hey Shaneagle777 you was right :) Sorry i was just a little confused there LOL... But thanks for letting me know what i did wrong.. God bless you sister thanks again...
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It's not offensive but i feel old because i have no idea what that says... :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I love lolcats, and still think they are hilarious. And, actually, I just sent this link to my kids just recently.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:54 AM on Jul. 23, 2009