How can I get my child to nap at certain times with no sleep patterns? He also likes to be rocked to sleep and wakes up 3-4 times every night. He is 7 months old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• is there a reason he wakes up? is he hungry? wet? at 7 month he should be able to sleep through the night

Anonymous

• what do you mean no sleep patterns? he doesn't have one?
    Anonymous

• To clarify, he never falls asleep and never wakes up at the same time. And I haven't been able to put him down at the same time everyday because he screams for hours. He usually wakes up wanting a bottle but a lot of it might be behavioral as well. He has a lot of allergies and feeding issues so this is part of the problem. Any advice is appreciated!
    Anonymous

• I think you should disscus this with your doctor...
    I don't know if this will be any help , but ...there are two things that help my 7 month old fall asleep..
    nice bath before bed and calm baby CD or michael moon CD. I played it for him since birth and it work like magic!
    Albi1623

Answer by Albi1623 at 10:23 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Please read Elizabeth Pantley's book The No Cry Sleep Solution or look at www.picknicksbrain.com
    mummylovebaby

Answer by mummylovebaby at 10:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• At 7 months old he does not need to be sleeping through the night. Many children do not sleep through the night until they are past a year. Instead of watching the clock just watch the order of things. He should be eating every 3 to 4 hours. Then some babies take a short nap after they wake up from the night (regardless if they wake up all night or not) and then a longer one in the afternoon. Some take a few short naps. For a couple days write down what he does. Don't put him down to sleep until he seems really sleepy. You may see a schedule appearing.
    Anonymous