I am watching the crankiest, screaming baby! HELP!!!!

The little boy who I care for is the loudest baby ever. He is 10 months old and screams like he is being stabbed over EVERYTHING!!! People stare at me in public, my daughter cries because its scaring her and I am losing my mind! His mother and I are at our wits end! I need tips on how to help him...hand washing, face washing, diapers, not getting his way..help me. My daughter was so not like this and I am just flabergasted!!!!

maddismama

Asked by maddismama at 10:19 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is it constant or does it stop and then start because it seems he doesn't like something? If it seems to be constant I would say perhaps it is his formula or something. Perhaps he should be on soy or lactose free.
    Anonymous

• No not constant just any thing he doesn't like.. gosh...its awful.
    maddismama

Answer by maddismama at 10:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• It sounds like he had a mind of his own and if you are not doing want he wants, he is voicing his opinion, rather vocally, I might add. Mine was sort of like this too. She was soooo stubborn. All you can do is to try and comfort him. Maybe she should have him checked out for anything that you both might be missing- ear aches, etc. My daughter had an ear infection one time when she was 8 mos. old. It came on her in the middle of the mall. OMG she screamed so loud you could hear her all over the mall. By the time I got her to the Dr., the Dr. came out into the waiting room and told me to immediately take her to ER. Yes, she must have been in pain, but I think she was pissed more than anything else.

Another issue might be his hearing. Sometimes deaf babies will do this because they are unable to hear themselves. Make sure the Dr. is checking him good.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:29 PM on Jul. 22, 2009