Food help! My child is 7 months old and still likes to have a bottle every 2-3 hours. He is refusing baby food. How do I fix this problem and do I need to reduce the amount of bottles given to him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you given rice cereal? Mix it with formula/breastmilk? Make it really runny... that's what you should start him off with... then after a week or so try some baby foods. Some babies don't like the textures.. have you tried giving him other foods? Is he sitting up in a high chair? I gave my DD cherios at 7/8 months. I would give her yogurt- cooked egg (just the yellow because whites have too much protein) cheese, cottage cheese, fruits, veggies. Try real food, instead of baby food... PM me if you need some more help :) Good luck
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 12:06 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• The majority of the nutrition should be from breastmilk or formula at this time. Solids are just for experimentation until a year. If he doesn't want the food, don't stress. He doesn't NEED it right now.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 2:12 AM on Jul. 23, 2009