What's better using a dishwasher or hands?

I'm woundering what would be cheaper in our utilities I've never used one before I've always washed by hands so should I stick with that?

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 10:26 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Dish washers are handy but I think washing by hand actually cleans the dishes better.
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:28 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I always heard that it saves water to wash by machine, and I didn't believe it until I measured the water that I used when washing by hand, so now we use the washer. I also think the washer uses hotter water and so removes more germs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• im lazy
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:01 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• By hand.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• From an environmental perspective, using the dishwasher with an eco-friendly detergent is much better because it uses less water than if you do the dishes by hand. UNLESS you wash by filling up a bucket with super hot water, wash all the dishes in that bucket, then fill up another bucket with clear water and rinse all of the dishes in that bucket, using no more than a couple of gallons of water. Then it is better to wash by hand. BUT, if you let the water run the whole time you are washing by hand, then you not only will waste gallons & gallons of water, but also the electricity and/or natural gas needed to constantly heat the water. You also tend to use more dish soap than is necessary when you wash by hand.
    Anonymous

• Dishwasher doesn't clean the dishes as good as washing them by hand. You basically have to wash the dishes before you put them in the dishwasher anyways so either way you will be using a lot of water. I always grew up washing dishes by hand for that reason so I honestly don't even know how to use a dishwashe, I konw stupid.
    Anonymous