Metformin and PCOS

For ladies with PCOS who took Metformin. How long did it take you to finally ovulate and have a period? How long did it take you to get pregnant? What other stories are there related to this? I ask because I went to the doctor today to figure out why nothing was working and she said the four letters I was dreading. PCOS. I have to go in Friday morning for fasting blood tests (blood sugar, cholesteral ect.) and she wants to put my on Metformin the same day.

belljaz

Asked by belljaz at 10:27 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• hi i was on metformin for two years an become pregnant in 2005 so metformin is helpful if you are trying to concieve i was taking it off an on not like i was suppose to it help me ovulate an i had a little boy my first son.good luck.
    sexylady35

Answer by sexylady35 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009