What would you do?

My best friend called me today. She went in to wake her roommate, only to find her dead. She was only 24 years old. I was over there today comforting my friend. She's a wreck. I wish I could over more than a few words and a shoulder. I've had loved ones die. But never had I found some dead, or dying.

xxhazeldovexx

Asked by xxhazeldovexx at 10:34 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I agree with some of the PP, just be there for her.
    However the best thing one friend did for me.....was let me be what I needed to be at that moment.
    If I needed to cry he was my shoulder, if I needed to be angry, he let me vent that anger.
    He never tried to "make me feel better" that can only be done by that person in their own time.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 12:49 PM on Jul. 23, 2009

• I can't imagine what I'd do. I'm sorry your friend had to go through that.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:37 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Just be there for her; That's all you can really do. Let her talk about whatever she wants to talk about; or cry if she needs to cry. Just make sure she knows that she doesn't have to go thru this alone.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• To tell you the truth it would have freaked me out too. I have never touched a dead person before. This is a really traumatic situation, and I would do my best to direct her to the only one who could be of real help in this situation God. I would always offer to be there for her if she needed comfort. I would pray for her constantly. I will pray for her. I could not even try to imagine what that must be like. God bless.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Just be there and listen when she needs someone. Let her know you are there and love her.

There really isnt a whole lot you can do other than offer that. Call every few days and check on her,etc.

It will take time and she needs to know that it is ok to grieve and NOT be ok for a while.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:20 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• Just be there for her. Listen, let her cry. Watch for signs of depression and if she seems really depressed get her help. It will take time, but just let her know you are there when she is ready. If she can't stay at the apartment, let her stay with you. If you have the room.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:41 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• im so sorry this happen i dont know what i would do if i was in her shoes.... I agree with tyfry just be there for her and let her know you are there for her to talk to and if she every needs anything she knows she can talk to you :) God bless
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:49 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• All you can do is what you have done...be there for her.
    walkswithjesus

Answer by walkswithjesus at 1:29 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• Just be there, let her know she can talk to you. Make meals for her, clean up for her. I hope she gets better. That is terrible that such a thing happened
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:01 AM on Jul. 23, 2009

• My sympathies to your friend. My mother-in-law died in her daughters arms. All we could do was be there in case there was a need of anything.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:16 AM on Jul. 23, 2009