Is it illegal to have a baby with another man while you are married?

I have been seperated for 3 yrs and have a new baby by my boyfriend. My soon to be ex husband is saying that he will have me locked uo for abandonment on our son and for adultrey. Is that possible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 PM on Jul. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• nope, it's not illegal.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:42 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• No, but why havent you gotten a divorce yet?
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• I've never heard of it. Did you abandon your son? The law say's that you must support them, not have a relationship with them.
    Anonymous

• LOl....thatd ridiculous. First off, you've been separated for 3 yrs. Secondly, how is that abadoning your son? I think he's just trying to scare you. And he if he even tried....I think a lawyer would laugh him out the door. If not the lawyer, the court.
    Anonymous

• Well, in many states adultery is illegal, and if the state doesn't have a "no fault" divorce, abandonment could also be listed as grounds for divorce. Every state has different laws, and if you've been separated for 3 years that will affect the outcome. You really need to get a lawyer.

As for having a baby with another man....the adultery is what would be illegal. It's generally best to get a divorce before you get involved with someone else, but once it's done....it's done.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:44 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• no, but it's frowned upon by society.
    Anonymous

• No, it is not illegal. He can't put you in jail. He is just trying to intimidate you.
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 10:45 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• By the way....you aren't going to jail for any of it......
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• In the state I live in adultery IS illegal, but I don't think it's enforced.

You should really finalize your divorce asap.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 10:46 PM on Jul. 22, 2009

• He's trying to scare you, nobody is going to lock you up, but I agree wth the PP's, get a divorce.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 10:48 PM on Jul. 22, 2009